ACI Webinar - The impact of physical distancing on airport security checkpoints
In this webinar, we take you through simulations that use alternative measures at checkpoints. Our experts discuss findings from two video representations: one for high-throughput airports (greater than 250 pax/hour per lane), and another one for airports with a more standard flow of traffic (less than 250 pax/hour per lane).
Recently, ACI World has published findings of simulations on the impact of applying physical distancing at airport security checkpoints which show capacity could be reduced by up to 75%.
Working with EBEA consulting and Transoft solutions, ACI World has designed 11 alternative measures to physical distancing keeping passengers and staff safe while, at the same time, keeping checkpoints moving when passenger traffic inevitably increases. These measures can help airports plan ahead to facilitate an increase in passenger numbers, without having to compromise on health and safety.
Our speakers are:
- Billy Shallow, Director, Innovation and Technology, ACI World
- Ramon Anton, Company Director and Founder, EBEA Consulting
- Miguel Bono Tur, Director, China Operations, Transoft Solutions
- Ben Smith, Group Manager Strategic Development, New Zealand Aviation Security Service (AVSEC)
- Scott Dullard, Head of Aviation Operation, Security and Emergency, Melbourne Airport
The webinar is hosted by Nina Brooks, Vice-President, Security, Facilitation, and Innovation, ACI World.
Share with your network