Global Outlook of Airport Capital Expenditure
The ACI Global Outlook of Airport Capital Expenditure Report provides an in-depth analysis of historical capital expenditure (CAPEX) and future CAPEX needs.
New forecasts in the report for the global airport sector show that approximately $2.4 trillion (figures in US Dollars) in airport total capital investments will be needed to address the long-term trend in passenger demand to 2040.
The report provides insights on:
- The impact of the COVID-19 crisis on airport CAPEX
- The CAPEX required to meet the capacity gap and estimates the foregone passengers and GDP if falling short of meeting this gap
- The breakdown by region of CAPEX required for new (greenfield) and existing (brownfield) airports
- The different pathways and CAPEX premiums associated with carbon neutrality and net zero goals
- 15 best practice case studies of airport operators investing in infrastructure aligned with relevant Sustainable Development Goals